Monday, September 6, 2010

Easle Card Workshop

You might be wondering what happened to me - haven't posted since JUNE! Well, I've been busy making lemonade out of some of those lemons that life throws you sometimes. So bear with me while I attempt to update my blog and show you a sweet little project or two now that I have my creative juices flowing again...

Both of these projects use CTMH's new paperline, Magnifique and the beautiful stamp sets, "Circle of Love" and "Everlasting Life" . You can view all of them in our online catalog by clicking HERE.
These would be nice to use as a sympathy card (I regretfully have a few of those to send off), or as encouragement cards.
This easle card is a miniature version of the 6x6 standard size. My friend, Anita, did a great job of trimming it down to this adorable size (you can get 4 from one 12x12 sheet of cardstock) . The base is made from a 4x8 piece of white cardstock, scored at 2" and 4". The front of the card is a 4" x 4" square. The card can lie flat for mailing, and then the recipient can popped it up by tucking it behind the raised section in the front. I used foam tape to raise my peacock feather image up a bit off the surface. I have also seen brads or buttons used. The brown on the easle card is chalked. You can't see it in the photo very well, but I also clear embossed the feather image by the verse.

For a tutorial on how to make this card, click HERE

Here is a bookmark to tuck into that inspirational book you know your friend would love to receive as a gift.

Both of these projects will be featured at my September workshop.
I'm looking forward to seeing some of you there!

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous! This paper with these stamp sets are amazing.

    ReplyDelete