Friday, October 23, 2009

Creativity Comes in Many Forms....

I used to think creativity was expressed with pen, pencil, scissors or some other art form. But I have learned that being creative can come in many forms. Finding healthy, inexpensive, homemade products to meet the needs of our family is one form of creativity. It is an avenue I have been forced into - both my husband and middle son have sensitivities to colors, fragrances and preservatives, so I have HAD to learn how to make things from scratch.  Now that I have been down this road for quite a few years, I am finding that it is fun to make things "homemade". That is why you will see many recipes for homemade products and meals alongside papercrafting projects on my blog. Hope you find them helpful.

Here is a recipe that will save you money - it costs only 1 cent per load! Try this - it really works...

Homemade Laundry Detergent

1/3 bar shaved Zote 
1/2 cup Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
1/2 cup 20 Mule Team Borax
2 gallon bucket
Optional - 1/2 to 1 oz essential oil


Shave soap with knife into sauce pan and add 6 cups of water. Heat until melted. Add soda and borax and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat. Pour 4 cups of hot water into the bucket and then add soap mixture. Stir to combine and then add 1 gallon plus 6 cups water to soap mixture and stir. Allow to sit for 24 hours to gel.


Use 1/2 cup per laundry load.


Optional: Add 1 1/2 to 2 cups Pure Power (purple) for extra cleaning power

No comments:

Post a Comment